Tool Tracking System
An easy to use tool tracking system.
An Easy to Use Tool Tracking System
Use the ShareMyToolbox tool tracking system to track and inventory small tools:
- Know where your tools are and reduce them “walking away”
- Make it easier for field personnel to search and locate a tool they need in the system
- Make it easier for field personnel to share tools and buy fewer duplicate items
- Clearly assign responsibility for tools in the system to the personnel who are using the tools in the field
- Be notified when rented tools are due back before late fees are incurred
- Maintain an updated catalog of all owned and rented tools
“Most tool tracking systems are trying to solve an accounting problem rather than trying to solve the core problem of tracking who is responsible for a tool.”
Other tool tracking systems operate like an inventory system, with a “check-in and check-out” approach to managing tools. ShareMyToolbox tool tracking software is different. It is an authentic mobile solution which enables small tools and equipment to be checked-in/out but also transferred from person to person in the field. This decentralized approach makes it easier to track small tools and reduces the time warehouse personnel spend tracking tools that are moving in the field.
Important ShareMyToolbox tool tracking system functions include:
- Easy to use mobile application (We understand that it MUST be easy to use to gain field adoption.)
- Web interface for managing the company tool catalog
- Bar-code scanning using the native camera on the mobile phone
- Notifications of rental due back dates and tool transfer requests
For additional detailed information on our tool tracking system, please visit our How-It-Works page to learn more. You can also find information on our tool inventory app and small tool tracking as well as tool tracking using these links.