Tool Tracking System
An easy to use tool tracking system.
Additional Tool Tracking videos are available to show how the system works. Videos are free to watch and don't require registering.
Click below to learn:
More Videos Available
An Easy to Use Tool Tracking System
Use the ShareMyToolbox tool tracking system to track and inventory small tools:
- Know where your tools are and reduce them “walking away”
- Make it easier for field personnel to search and locate a tool they need in the system
- Make it easier for field personnel to share tools and buy fewer duplicate items
- Clearly assign responsibility for tools in the system to the personnel who are using the tools in the field
- Be notified when rented tools are due back before late fees are incurred
- Maintain an updated catalog of all owned and rented tools
“Most tool tracking systems are trying to solve an accounting problem rather than trying to solve the core problem of tracking who is responsible for a tool.”
More than just Check-In & Check Out
Other tool tracking systems operate like an inventory system, with a “check-in and check-out” approach to managing tools. ShareMyToolbox tool tracking software is different. The system is an authentic mobile solution which enables small tools and equipment to be checked-in/out but also transferred from person to person in the field. This decentralized approach makes it easier to track small tools and reduces the time warehouse personnel spend tracking tools that are moving in the field.
A few important ShareMyToolbox tool tracking system functions include:
- Easy to use mobile application (We understand that it MUST be easy to use to gain field adoption.)
- Web interface for managing the company tool catalog
- Bar-code scanning using the native camera on the mobile phone
- Notifications of rental due back dates and tool transfer requests
Search by Barcode or Name
Job site foreman and superintendents can simply search for tools by name or they can search by barcode scan. Using the cameras built into the phones and tablets, that field personnel already carry, the ShareMyToolbox app allows for quick scan of barcodes. This scanning makes transferring equipment in the field quick and easy. Whether field personnel are picking something up at the warehouse or from another jobsite. The transfer of responsibility is quick and easy. This responsibility tracking can be as simple as a swipe on the phone. You don’t need expensive GPS tracking devices or complex RFID scanners in trucks and jobsites. A simple “accept” is enough to establish who is responsible.
Cloud & Mobile Apps save time
Using the cloud tool catalog everyone can see what tools are available and who is responsible. This saves field and office personnel time and frustration. No longer do they need to send mass text and e-mails out searching for a tool. Everyone can easily see who should have it.
For additional detailed information on our tool tracking system, please visit our How-It-Works page to learn more. You can also find information on our tool inventory app and small tool tracking as well as tool tracking using these links.