Frequently Asked Questions
The same mobile device interface is available for free users of the personal app as well as paid Enterprise users. The difference is in the availability of a central tool catalog, barcoding and the ability to connect more than 4 people.
Blue – Available (Connection’s Tools)
Yellow – Available (My Tools)
Gray – Unavailable (All Tools)
Green – Loaned (My Tools)
Red – Borrowed (From Connections)
Here are several examples:
“By requesting this tool, you agree to care for it in accordance with the employee handbook and return it promptly in good condition, reasonable wear and tear expected.”
“You agree to care for my tools as if they were your own and return them to my garage with the beverage of my choice!”
For Enterprise users, company wide terms can be established in the settings tab on the web interface.
For Enterprise users, you can also edit or delete the tool in the web interface.
Web Interface FAQ’s
The web interface is only available to Enterprise Subscribers. This interface provides web browser access to a central tool catalog that users can connect to and share assets. Here are answers to common questions about this area of the system.
Mass entry. If you have more than several tools to enter, the most efficient entry method is via the import tool. First click on “import tools” and then click on the option to download the import template. Open the file and enter your tools in the format provided on line 2. (Note this line can be deleted when you save the spreadsheet). DO NOT delete the header. Save the file to the same CSV format and import to the web grid. Be patient as it can take a while depending on how many tool records you have! We do not import pictures so you will need to edit your tools to
- Can create personal tools and connections
- Can borrow tools from the company
- Can transfer tools with other employees
- Receives notifications and acceptance is required for tool transfers or loaned tools if auto accept is not checked
- Can add/edit/delete company tools
- Cannot create personal tools
- Can access the web interface, but not the billing tab
- A virtual connection may be an employee without a smartphone, a location, a vehicle or a warehouse
- Auto accepts tool transfers or loans
- Due back date
- Warranty expiration
- Rental return date
- Either of the two custom fields if used as a date