“We are expanding quickly and the app has helped keep our tool costs down.”Mike Estess, owner
MAC Contracting Increases Productive Time with Tool Tracking
MAC Contracting Group is a small but growing contractor. To stay lean and profitable while growing, MAC has been strategically adding technology to keep the company efficient. Mike Estess an owner in the company said "a big expense for any construction business is buying tools. We went looking for a system to help us save money on the tools that people lose and to help us buy less duplicate stuff." MAC uses a tool management setup where tools are kept either onsite at a job in a conex box or in a central company tool trailer when not in use at jobs. Tool with a value of under $1,000 are usually purchased for each job foreman and stored onsite. Tools with a higher value are purchased at the company level and shared between jobs. In order to stay efficient MAC needed the foreman to:
- Take responsibility for what was onsite.
- Have an easy way to search and find the shared tools as needed.
- Foreman were saving time not driving to pick up tools as the tool manager was able to more efficiently get them from job site to job site.
- The elimination of paperwork associated with signing tools in and out was a great savings.
- Most importantly, hours a week were saved by foreman not having to call multiple people to find a tool they needed. They could simply pull out their phone and do a quick search in the app. This allowed them to find the closest tool, quickly request it, and get back to work.
Back to Tool Tracking Tips Screen.